Hey everyone. Sorry Ive been MIA. Too much going on lately. I cant keep up with it all. =( Trying to pack to be out of the condo this weekend. Stella got sick this week and had to go to the doctor. Ive been spending a lot of time with Lish. (My new neighbor) LOL. We actually had pizza/break in night last week. This week we went to dinner and then did a break in. Tonight Seth and I met her and her b/f at the houses. They are amazing. Soooo happy I have a new friend I feel like weve been friends since we were kids. Also met the couple across the street who are super sweet as well. =) That all makes up for the fact that I HATE my granite... Yep Hate it! I called our Sales rep actually this weekend in tears. I pictured this light grey color like the sample...
Which it ended up not looking anything like this. I know everyone will say they love it. But what matters is I dont. (HAHAHAH) It wont look right with everything I had planned out.
But whats done is done. I decided to just deal with it. I dont like the other colors they have so whats done is done. Im still going to get the table I wanted and get new couches the same color I had planned. I can always change it in 65years (when I can afford it) and get new.
We are for sure locked out now. They put the screens on the house. Carpets in. Light fixtures are in. I just cant get in to take the pictures. soooo tired. Sorry to cut it short. I still have to write my best friend back maybe eat some dinner too since it is 9:00. xoxoxox





Wow, I'm sorry you don't like your granite. I agree it does not look like the sample. We have uba tuba and your granite looks just as dark as ours does! It looks nice and will not seem quite as dark when the rest of the appliances and fixtures are in...but your opinion is the only one that matters because it is your home.
ReplyDeleteOh honey!! *hugs* I don't think it's bad! But I understand the shock. They need bigger samples. Truly. I agree with Shara. Once it's all in and your there, it'll get better. I'm sorry you're so unhappy right now. *more hugs* You are the one that needs to be happy here.
ReplyDeleteAnd if you want it replaced, you can do it a lot cheaper than Ryan charges. Just for future reference....
Honey....It's gonna be okay. *hugs*
Im SO sorry!! Thats such an expensive upgrade to not end up liking it. Granite is tricky...it can have the same name but yet vary in color drasticly! I was originaly getting Santa Cecilia in the kitchen then went to home depot al the woman showed we Santa Cecilia in 4 different shades! I only liked oneof them....so we opted to take the granite off. We got a quote from our contracter whos fixing our house now, which came in about 400 cheaper with the option to go to the yard and pick my own slab and put an ogee edge on it(Ryan wont) and get a 70/30 sink (Ryan wont).
ReplyDeleteSo don't stress too too much about it because granite has come WAY down in prices. Our Home Depot has 4 different colors for $28 installed even! *big hugs*
We chose the same color but changed to St. Cecilia to play it safe. It is darker but it is not bad. A nice color of paint should make it perfect!
ReplyDeleteAwww Bitty...I'm sorry you dont like it. I actually think it might look good once the floors are installed and like Carlito said you add some paint, but I understand when something doesnt turn out how you thought it would be. During our pre-dry wall walk through when I realized that I wasn't going to have my glass cabinets I had to go to the car becuase I was nearly in tears mad/dissappointed. (Thankfully my sales Rep fixed it) but I do agree, it does look different from the sample though. I hope it grows on you and hopefully once everything is installed it will look fabulous! After seeing everyones granite, that laminate we selected just looks bad! lol...but i'll take Noon's advice and get it from home depot or something hopefully sooner that later. GL
ReplyDeleteLike you said, it only matters what you think. But for good measure, I think it looks good. I actually have family in Canada that has the same scheme (dark granite and cherry cabinets). I think theirs looks great. It ends up blending in with everything once it's all said and done and you have the appliances and paint. Good news - it looks good with the microwave!
ReplyDeleteI only hope that you learn to like it or at least get used to it enough to be satisfied over time (it can only go up from here, right?!?). =)
I'm ridiculously happy that you have met and love your neighbors! That means block parties!! =) Gahh I can't wait to see it all in person next month!!
xoxoxo and tell Seth I said hi. Pet the pups for me!
Looks REALLY sharp... maybe it will grow on you? Hope it does, I think it looks great. I definitely understand your frustrations though. Now I know why they make us sign that "Natural Materials" paperwork.
ReplyDeleteFirst...how is Stella...never fun when you have a sick puppy. Won't tell you that you will love them, but hopefully when you get everything finished you will at least like them...bottom line is that they still look real nice, but I understand when you are expecting one thing/look and it is totally different. That's the problem with granite, it can look very different from one sample to the next. Hope it works out for you!!!
ReplyDeleteWe got the same granite, but lighter cabinets. I am sorry you don't like it, but hopefully it has grown on you by now!
ReplyDeletePlease post new pictures and updates as soon as you can, I am curious to know all the other details of your move and how the rest of the house building process went.
Yes...please do post....we miss you :(
ReplyDeleteWow, such granite counter-tops can last for long. It is known as more sturdy than than marble.
ReplyDeletePermit me to introduce you to LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
ReplyDeleteLe-Meridian Funding Service.
(60 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BH, UK) Email Contact Info...lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com